November 13, 2013

Screen Door-Drying Rack

I have had this screen door for awhile trying to decide what to do with it. There are so many ideas on Pinterest that I just couldn't decide.

Then last month when we were updating the laundry room. I realized I always have clothes hanging up to dry and I could really use a rack on the wall instead of hanging them where ever the will fit. I began my search to find a clothes drying rack, and while I understand it is a functional item, of course I wanted something more decorative :)

Then the idea was born to turn the screen door into the drying rack…………….


This is what I had to start with. I ripped all of the screen out and removed the hinges. Then cut the door in half, re-applied the hinges so the top could move up and down. Added 3 dowel rods and spray painted the whole thing black.



I decided to keep the screen at the bottom for texture and added fabric to the other 2 sections. I painted and hot glued some wood letters. I am still on the look-out for a little boxwood wreath, but I already had this one for now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment