February 27, 2013

Pinterest On Parade

So I am sure everyone by now knows about Pinterest? If not then where have you been?
What a great & addicting website for "crafty's" like myself! So at the beginning of the year one of my great friends decided to start our own little Pinterest group to have a little get together every month. What better reason to get with your girlfriends for a few hours on the weekend, right?

So we have had 2 so far, and here is how we run them. We rotate the "host" for the month and that person is in charge of providing the "craft" it can be anything that obviously can be finished in just a few hours.

Then, each person brings a dish, dip, or dessert of a creative recipe for us all to "munch" on during craft time. It has been so much fun! I have been very bad at taking pictures at these function because I am all wrapped up in the fun. :)

Here was my craft from Jan. We did 2 framed pieces.
     1) Was a Valentine themed...dry erase board for our hubby's
     2) Was an chipboard initial frame


I did manage to take a picture of the dessert I took in Jan. as well.
Mini Cheesecakes from HERE
     They did fall a little because I had to rush the cooling time, but still tasted great!


For February we did a painted canvas of our child's birth info. We used stickers, paint, and spray paint. The paint bled under the stickers a little bit, but I like that it gives it that kind of weathered look.




Next month I am hosting the party and still thinking of what craft we will do. I have a few ideas :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment