October 22, 2012

My Brain


After last week (an extra busy week), I thought I would share with you all how I try to keep it all together. Notice how I said try :) ....There are two things I never leave the house without.


My cell phone (of course) and my mini 3 ring binder (My Brain). If its doesn't get in here, it doesn't get done, end of story! Have any of you seen these mini binders? they are perfect! Not big and bulky like the standard size. I got mine at Staples Martha Stewart Collection (of course). I believe Office Max has a collection as well. You can personalize them with all kinds of accessories, they even have a 3 hole punch for this size and a pencil bag....a must have!


So I have 5 dividers with paper for each section of my everyday life. Then whenever I think of something I don't want to forget or just something that I know I need to schedule time for I just write it down. That gives me permission to forget later because I know I have have written it down and can get scheduled. I use this for everything from grocery lists (yes I am the one in the store with the binder) to meetings and appointments or creative ideas. Anything I want to remember and I know is not on the calendar. 


Then of course there is the standard calendar where everything that is scheduled lives. I use the color stickies to mark important appointments. I use color pens for birthdays or things I know will not change, but EVERYTHING else goes in pencil! This is a MUST! We all know how things can change, and it must be neat and clean to stay organized.


Then every night I take this AWESOME & FREE printable I got at iheartorganizing and break it down into times slots.(since it prints in standard size I fold it in half and use my nifty hole punch) First, I take things from the calendar. Items and times that cannot change and pencil them in. Then, I go through each divider category and see what other items need to be done and fill in the gaps. This is even helpful during my work hours since I make my own schedule.


Well there is a little snippet into what I call "My Brain".  It is my life saver and helps me stay on task at every moment of everyday of what we call this crazy life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment