October 12, 2012

Mommy To Bee Shower.....It's In The Details

Everyone always credits me for being creative, but the truth is with all of the sources and inspiration out there now (ie....etsy, pinterest, & other blogs) it is soooo easy to create something great yourself! 


Last weekend I threw a Mommy To Bee Shower for one of my best friends who is expecting her first baby. I am sooo excited for them! The idea for this shower came about because of the drink station my mother had given me for my birthday this passed summer, it is a beehive :) Then I went to work scouring the web!


There are several vendors on Etsy that put downloadable graphics packages together. Most of them even customize them for invitations, ect. I found the perfect package at TwoTinyLoves, she even did the customized "Shower Fun Facts" card that told about the requests for the shower.



Then you just print and cut, it included the invites, the banner and all of the labels. Here is the beehive drink station that started it all.




So for the details of the back drop I hung a piece of fabric on the wall, assembled the banner, then made these paper rosettes out of scrapbook paper.



We didn't do any "games" at the shower, instead I had everyone bring a package of diapers and then we had a raffle for 2 gift baskets. Of course the baskets also had to follow the theme :)


The other thing I did was have everyone sign a book instead of a card. This way they will be put to good use and maybe even handed down one day.


Then "on the menu" of course have to carry that theme....since it was a late afternoon shower, we just had light snacks. 
"Honey Corn" Cashews-Pretzels-HoneyComb Cereal & Honey Nut Cheerios
Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwiches
"Honey Comb Shots"-Banana Cream Pudding (non-alcholic)
"Bee Soup"-Cheddar & Broccoli
Regular Lemonade & "Spiked Stinger Lemonade" (with vodka)

And of course bee cookies and cake balls from Manda's Cookie Jar, the best sweets in town!


So you see anyone can do it, I think everyone had a great times visiting with old friends and making new ones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment